Monday, March 16, 2009

Some questions that can make you think

I've talked before about how much I love questionnaires,and even though I love answering questions about my hobbies,sex life or color preferences,every now and again,even I like to think about something a bit more,shall I say intellectual.Well,as intellectual as I can get (which isn't very much).

{I stole this from Sparsely Kate}

*These are only my opinions,so read with an open mind*

Would you do crystal meth if it were legalised?
No,if what I've seen on TV of what that stuff does to you,is true,even in the least,I would stay as far away from it as possible.

Abortion, for or against?
For.Even though it would break my heart to kill a little baby (even if it's still only the size of a rice grain),I do believe that there are certain circumstances where abortions are not only needed,but completely necessary.

Would the country fall if there was a woman president?
Ha!The country wouldn't be any better off than now,if the woman chosen as president is also a moron (this is regarding the South African government,not anyone else's).

Do you believe in the death penalty?
No.I just feel like the death penalty is such an easy way out for someone who did something truly despicable to another human.They should be made to work off their debt,for the rest of their lives.Like prison factories.So that they are locked away for life,but giving something back to society,in an indirect way.

Do you wish marijuana would be legalised already?
I don't smoke marijuana,so I could care less.I hate the smell and taste,and I don't like how it makes me feel.But if alcohol (which can definitely negatively affect your judgement) can be legal,then I guess marijuana can be legalized as well.

Do you believe in God?

I do.I believe in one entity that created everything on earth,in space and beyond.Whether you call him God,or by any other name,I do believe in 'It'.

Do you think same sex marriage should be legalised?
Yes.Everyone should have the same rights.It's just as bad stopping same sex marriages,as it was in earlier times when mixed race marriages were illegal.Love is a right,not a priviledge,and should be had by all.

Do you think it's wrong so many Hispanics are moving to the USA?
No,people should be allowed to move where they want.But immigrations should be regulated,otherwise people who were born in the USA won't have jobs anymore,because too many people from other countries are taking their jobs.

A 12 year old girl has a baby...should she keep it?
No,that baby should be put up for adoption.It might sound cruel,but most of the time,the girl (along with her parents) cannot afford to look after another baby,and the 12 year old girl definitely isn't emotionally ready to take care of another human being,so I believe that baby should go to a family who cannot have children of their own and who are emotionally (and financially) ready and prepared for a child.

Should the alcohol drinking age be lowered to 18?
Yes.Here in South Africa,the legal drinking age is 18,and this means that as soon as you are finished with high school,you are allowed to drink everywhere.I don't think it has any more of a negative effect on teenage behaviour than having the legal age be 21.Usually teens like to do what is forbidden,because the secrets and sneaking around is 60% of the fun,but if it's not a secret,or forbidden anymore,how much fun is it then?

Should the war in Iraq be called off?
I don't believe in war,ever,and this war seemed like it was fought over nothing,because nothing came out of it,except unnecessary death.So yes,it should be called off.And soon.

Assisted suicide is legal...do you agree?
Yes,I do.If someone is dying,and would like to be able to choose where and when they want to cross over,they should be able to make that choice.

Do you believe in spanking your children?
I don't have kids yet,but my niece grew up in the house with me,and I can honestly say that the only spanking I ever did,was on her hand.If she was trying to take something she shouldn't have,I would spank her hand once,and sternly tell her not to do it.I think as kids get older,taking away privileges such as watching tv and spending money,is a much better way to discipline them.Spanking a child on his behind can be quite dangerous,because mostly the parent is really angry when doing the spanking,and ends up hurting the child more than they (the parents) intended.This can only cause the child to start resenting their parents.But I have yet to find a technique that really works (my niece is a real piece of work,so I'm hoping I find something that works before I have kids of my own).

Would you burn the American flag for a million dollars?
No,even though it's not my national flag,but I wouldn't burn any countries' flag.They all have too much history behind them to desecrate in such a way.

A mother is declared innocent after murdering her 5 children in a temporary insanity case...what do you think?
A woman like that should be locked away and never be allowed in society again.Those types of women are obviously not fit to be around people,especially children.Who knows when she'll go 'temporarily insane' again?

Now,I've answered these questions with complete honesty,and I would really love to hear what you all think of these subjects.Let me know if any of you have done this questionnaire on your blog.

4 Comments:

kuhkjhkh said...

stole your survey!! totally agree with you on a ton!

Awesome Sara said...

that is some deep shit there. i agree on most things with you. that was an awesome survey.

Angela Tolsma said...

deep stuff. I stole your survey and quoted you hope that's okay. It doesn't get published until tomorrow morning though.

Unknown said...

oh this is good ...I may have to grab this ..I'll link back to ya, of course :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin