Thursday, January 29, 2009

Even my blood tells me to 'B Negative'


It's not my fault that I tend to be a naturally depressed and negative person,it's in my blood.My B- blood,to be exact.

And just to show it was meant to be,my mom and brother are both O+,my dad was B+,and both my sisters are B+ as well.

So you see?I'm unique,and was always meant to be the grumpy,sarcastic,pessimistic girl I am today.

Something interesting:

Blood group distribution in South Africa
The general distribution of blood groupings in South Africa is illustrated in the table below.

Group + — Total
O 38% 7% 45%
A 34% 6% 40%
B 9% 2% 11% * see!I'm unique! At least in South Africa
AB 3% 1% 4%
Total 84% 16% 100%

It is important to note that it may vary between specific regions and particular racial or ethnic groups.

The terms "universal donor" and "universal recipient" were coined when it was demonstrated that it is relatively safe to give O- blood to patients of any blood group, and that blood from all groups can be given to AB+ patients.

Recipient Donor AB+ is a universal recipient


O-; is a universal donor
Type O- O+ B- B+ A- A+ AB- AB+
AB+ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
AB- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
A+ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
A- ♥ ♥
B+ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
B- ♥ ♥
O+ ♥ ♥
O- ♥

The chart above illustrates that group O blood is the most versatile.

Read some more about blood groups here.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin