Monday, January 19, 2009

Some people say the coolest shit

I don't think I'm dumb.Not at all.I don't think I'm all that smart either.But at least I know left from right (well,most of the time),I know not to mix whites with colors when doing laundry,I know not to eat garlic or eggs before a big date and I know not to tell the truth when a friend asks me "Do I look fat in this?".So yeah,I consider myself pretty smart.

But it's I read quotes by really smart people,that I feel totally dumb,because they always say the smartest stuff,stuff that I'm sure I would not be able to think of,even if I sat and thought for days on end.

Here are some of my favorite quotes (and like Courtney said in Jawbreaker "Learn it,live it,love it" - the quotes that is - they are words one can live by).

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” (Don't men like to call women unreasonable?Well,here you have it - progress depends on being unreasonable)

“People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.” (I don't mind hearing other people's religious views,but don't force me to listen to them,because that will just make me dislike it,before I even know anything about it)

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”

“People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”

“There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating; people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.” (I like to think I'm the former)

If you want to get some super cool quotes for your own blog,check out this site.

2 Comments:

Chele said...

i just found your blog through 20sb, your blog page is super cute and i adore you profile pic.

Oh and I am in the group of people who know absolutely nothing.

Anonymous said...

My favorite quote of all time is, "It doesn't require any particular bravery to stand on the floor of the Senate and urge our boys in Vietnam to fight harder, and if this war mushrooms into a major conflict and a hundred thousand young Americans are killed, it won't be U.S. Senators who die. It will be American soldiers who are too young to qualify for the Senate."

Some people really DO say the coolest shit.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin