Monday, January 12, 2009

Love is strange



I am almost too ashamed to admit it,and I think my boyfriend would kill me if he knew,but I sometimes get jealous of other womens' boyfriends/husbands.

Not of what they look like,whether they are sexy or hot or whatever.But of how they act around their woman,and what they do for them.

My boyfriend and I have been off and on for 3 years,and even though we've now moved in together,I still have this nagging fear that one morning he will wake up and decide he's had enough of me,and just up and leave.Why do I think this?Because I read about other boyfriends and see other women with their guys,and it just seems that their men are always more romantic,thoughtful,helpful and all-round more into them,than my boyfriend.

I know that is not truly the case.I mean,one never know what happens behind closed doors,and I know that it is really very stupid of me to compare our relationship with other people's,but television and popular music has kind of ingrained this perfect idea of how love and relationships are supposed to be.And honestly,if I measure our relationship by those standards,we come up WAY short of what is 'acceptable'.

But then I do start to think about everything he does do for me,and the way he makes me feel,and then I realise that no relationship is perfect,and I guess at the end of the day it is those imperfections that truly mean the most,and makes us love each other.

So,JC,I am sorry for the times I doubt you or critisize you unnecessarily.I love you with all my heart and could not even begin to imagine my life without you!

This is dedicated to you,my love.

1 Comment:

Errant Gosling said...

I am forever comparing relationships to others. It's a habit I cant shake.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin