Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dear Diary



Ever since I was about 12 or 13,I've been obsessed with diaries.All kinds of diaries.Not necessarily the writing in them,but mostly the look of them.I love,love,love all kinds of stationery and can spend hours in the shops pouring over different types of books,pens and other accessories.It used to drive my sister mad whenever we went to the shops,because she couldn't care less about such things.

Well,even though I collected plenty of books to write in,I never actually got to the writing part.But recently,I've started really like scrapbooking collages/diaries.They look so creative and interesting,and seem to be an amazing way to express your likes/dislikes,etc.

The problem for me?I never feel I'm creative enough.I get all these ideas about how I'm going to make my own scrapbook diary,and paste all the things that inspire me and it's going to look totally awesome,and as soon as I want to start,all my creative juices just drain away and I'm completely useless.

Hopefully these can inspire me sufficiently.Don't you just love them?







Tell me - do you scrapbook,keep/kept a diary,or anything of that sort?Where do you get your inspiration from?

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Funky!!! You have inspired me to do scrapbook full of images that I find!

Kirsty said...

Wow - these are seriously cool. I've always kept a diary... I have a huge bag at home filled with volumes. It's all rubbish of course - teen warblings filled with angst. I started to try and keep a more thoughtful, topical diary, but I still like to talk about how I'm feeling about things/certain people. It's a nice way of ordering your own thoughts. I'd love to do something this creative though!

Anonymous said...

OmG I thought I was the only one who did this! I used to spend hours doing that and I kind of fell off the band wagon. I used to love just clipping things out of magazines that I liked, even if it was for no other reason than i liked it!

LamiatS said...

I'm also interested in starting some scrapbooks, but I can't sum up the time and creative resources either! I have tons of stuff to use like retro and cool graffiti stickers and weird things from countries I have been to like Japan and Thailand but I have yet to sit down on the weekend and sort it out. The photos you put up are great inspiration though, thanks! x

Kitty Stampede said...

I used to make similar collagey, poems etc style diaries years ago but stopped for some reason...I would love to get back into it. I feel lack of motivation for some reason though which I need to fight. I actually have some old pages from journals with collages and words that fell out and I put them in picture frames on my walls...it makes for great art, especially when they are a bit rugged and have aged.

These are all very beautiful journals, very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!!!

creative kerfuffle said...

i kept a journal (never called it a diary) from about middle school through college. my blog has become my journal of sorts. but, i am like you, i love journals, stationery, etc. sooo much. i like this idea of a collage journal because i save bits and pieces of everything and never thought to actually put them in something! great idea! don't worry about the creativity flowing, just start throwing stuff in there and see what happens.

Awesome Sara said...

OMG!!! I smell talent a brewing. that is some awesome collage stuff. i don't keep a diary but i have a artisit notebook and i draw and paste stuff in there all the time.

Angela Tolsma said...

I love dairies... but mine always felt boring and not creative at all

drollgirl said...

i have always been too PARANOID to keep a diary. i don't want anyone finding out my secret thoughts. it would make me feel way too vulnerable that somebody might read it. wah.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin