Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm back!

It feels like I've been away for ages!Even though it was really great to get away for a bit,the little away-time has just made me appreciate my small apartment,my man and my whole life that much more.I don't know,but I just feel so much more invigorated,and ready to handle all my negative stuff,or whatever is around the corner.

That's not to say that I am super excited to be back at work.When I got in this morning,my desk was filled to the brim with papers and work that had been stacked up over the last week or so.Not pretty.Although,and I don't mean to brag here,but I'm already nearly finished with all the back-logged work,and will be on track by tomorrow (or Thursday at the latest).I really should take a vacation more often!

A small recap of what I did on my holiday:

- Played with my nephew.
- Window shopped,seeing as I couldn't afford the ridiculously priced clothes,even if I sold a kidney.
- Ate a WHOLE LOT of food,not prepared by me,which automatically made it taste 10x better.
- Watched some movies,although not as many as I'd wanted to.
- Read,but also not as much as I wanted to.
- Knit,yeah,knit,but nothing in particular,just a sample,to show off the new pre-patterned wool my mom bought.Whoever invented that wool,is a genius.It is perfect for people like me,who can basically only do 2 stitches - plain and pearl.
- Missed my boyfriend and kitty a WHOLE LOT.
- Caught up with my bestie's life,and enjoyed just spending time with her.
- Didn't sleep much,since I stayed with my sister,whose son is like a human clock,which goes off at 5:30am,every morning.

And here are some pictures (prepare for lots of boybaby pictures):

First up...the cuteness of little L,my youngest nephew








Some pretty scenery I saw on my vacay






My bestie (who I already miss more than words...again.No time spent with her is ever enough :(




Well,that's about all.I really didn't take too many pictures,which I'm really upset at myself about.But I didn't want to spend my entire vacation with my camera in front of my face,so my memories will have to do.

Now I'm off to go catch up on my blog reading and commenting.My Google Reader is at 757 posts.YAY!Lots of good stuff to catch up on!

6 Comments:

Another Ordinary Girl said...

Looks like you had a great time and your nephew is absolutely adorable! Glad to see you have rejoined us!

drollgirl said...

welcome back!!!

and you have the cutest nieces and nephews on planet earth!!!

Kitty Stampede said...

Woohoo!!! You are back..I was starting to worry. It looks like you had fun!! You do have like the cutest nephew in the world...holy!!

Those scenic pics are Gorgeous!!!

Angela Tolsma said...

Your nephew is sooo CUTE!!

The scenery pictures are wonderful!

Glad you had a good time!

creative kerfuffle said...

yeah for vacay! sounds like you had a great time. the pictures are gorgeous! and, can i say i just want to love on that baby nephew of yours! omg, nom nom nom. the landscape pics are BEAUTIFUL!

ecotorium said...

Nice to have you back. I had one less blog to read and waste time at work with.... :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin