Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The 10 Canine Commandments

I got this sent to me in an email this morning,so at 7:30 in the am,I was already crying at work.Thank goodness I don't wear lots of eye makeup,or it would've been ruined.


10 Canine Commandments

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation
from you will be painful to me. Remember that before
you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well-being.
4. Dont be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up
as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment
and your friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your
words, I understand your voice when it’s speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me: I have teeth that could
easily crush the bones of your hand, but I choose not to
bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being un-cooperative, obstinate
or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering
me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, or I’ve been
out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and
weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I can’t
bear to watch it”, or “Let it happen in my absence.”
Everything is easier for me if you are there.
REMEMBER THAT I LOVE YOU.



{Although this is the canine commandments,I feel like this counts for any and all types of pets.Us humans were put on earth to take care of these beings,and some of us do a bangup job,but unfortunately there are just as many who took this responsibility and flushed it down the toilet.Let's all do our best for the critters of the world - they are much more important than flashy cars or the latest hi tech gadget}

4 Comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

Hes such a sad puppy. These are good commandments.

cybeel said...

owww Penny im crying too right now!
So true so true..They cant tell if somethings wrong with them. Even if they are thisty they cant ask for it.
I cant stand the people who mistreat their pets. its unacceptable in every situation

LamiatS said...

This nearly made me cry! Number 4 is so true. My boyfriend's dog was abandoned as a puppy before my boyfriend's family had him and to this day, if you leave him more than a few hours, he gets paranoid and upset that he might've been abandoned again. He's lovely though, the most patient and loving dog ever.I hate animal cruelty, i don't know why some sick individuals think it's acceptable. It's evil.

PS: That dog in the picture is soooo cute!

Kitty Stampede said...

I too got this awhile ago and welled up with tears!!! I just LOVE it. That is so what they would say if they could talk.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin