Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Thoughts

- I know this is stupid,but since this whole swine flu thing started,I am scared to death of getting it.I now have a cold,and am constantly wondering whether it's actually the swine flu.Well,I hope not.Also,my nose is really irritating me,since it somehow feels like it's totally blocked,yet at the same time flowing like the rivers of Babylon.

- I'm going to my follow-up appointment at the orthodontist today.We have to leave at about 2:30,since my appointment is at 5 and it's about a hour and a half's drive.It pisses me off so much that I'm basically having to go to this appointment,that is so far away,in order for him to tell me something that he could probably tell me over the phone.

- My next door neighbour's mom died on Sunday morning.This is super depressing,as she is seriously the 5th person that I know (although not super well) that has died in the last 2 months or so.This would be no big deal,but my town is really,really small,so usually we have about 20 deaths a year.I'm hoping the quota is now filled for the rest of the year.

- We went out on Saturday night,for a few drinks and to play some pool.Don't know if I've told you this,but I LOVE PLAYING POOL.My sister and I are a formidable doubles team,and on Saturday night we totally kicked ass.We were unbeatable for the whole night,until we both got a little too tipsy to sufficiently concentrate on sinking the balls.Either way,we rocked.

- It is going to be incredibly nice weather this week - nice and mild during the day,and cold at night,which is my favorite type of weather.

- Everyone in our 'apartment' building (there are only 4 apartments,lol) have now had their cats fixed (there are 4 cats,all ladies) and now I can finally sleep soundly without having to worry about little kittens popping up someday soon.This might sound really unimportant to some people,but it's amazingly good news for me.

- My boyfriend,who hates cleaning ANYTHING,not only cleaned out our living room yesterday,he also did the dishes,and made us a really good lunch.I don't know when the aliens came and took my boyfriend and put a clone in his place,but I think I kinda wana keep this one!

- My mom is back from vacation,which makes me super happy!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be lucky as hubby does all the cleaning and he cleaned the bathroom this week as well as the lounge!

cybeel said...

i'm sorry for your neighbor. Losing a devoted one is always so painful :(
But i'm happy to hear that you had a great Saturday

PS- flowing like the rivers of Babylon???? OMG LOLOL
Please take care

cybeel said...

i'm sorry for your neighbor. Losing a devoted one is always so painful :(
But i'm happy to hear that you had a great Saturday

PS- flowing like the rivers of Babylon???? OMG LOLOL
Please take care

drollgirl said...

bah! what a mixed bag of news here.

i hope things go well with the orthodontist. i hate that crap. just email or leave a message if ya don't need to see us!

and lucky you with the nice weather. it is so fucking hot here that it almost makes me cry trying to sleep at night! and methinks we are stuck with the longest summer ever this year that might last until frigging november! bah. i hate the heat.

you hang in there. cherish the good, deal with the bad, and hope for better days.

shit, sorry that was so cheeeeesy!

La Belette Rouge said...

So sorry about your neighbor.
Great news about your boyfriend taking to cleaNing. Maybe he has anti-swine flu.;-0

creative kerfuffle said...

yeah for all the kitties being fixed and for the awesome weather you're having : ) i can't wait for fall! i'm really, really over summer.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin