Wednesday, January 14, 2009

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all

Well,actually that title is wrong,because I do actually have ABSOLUTELY NO LUCK!

A few weeks back,there was a competition in our nationwide newspaper,where you get this card,with a bunch of blocks on it.Then,every day in the newspaper,they give you 2 or 3 numbers,and you scratch off those numbers on your card.If you get 3 symbols that are the same,you win a certain amount of money.

Well,needless to say,I was very excited.It's like a free Lotto card,because a certain insurance company delivers free newspapers to my workplace every day,so I don't even have to pay for that.

On the day the cards appeared in the newspaper,I got 5 of them,just to try to increase my chances of winning.And so started my religious scratching of the given numbers.And the outcome of all of that?

Nothing,absolutely freaking nothing.

But guess what?I couldn't just not win anything.Oh no,something really irritating had to happen just to rub some rough sea salt in my wounded psyche.A man who works at the same place I do,comes to me a few minutes ago,and asks if I could call so-and-so number,to find out how he can claim his money.So I ask "What money would this be?" He replies "Oh,you know that scratchcard competition in the newspaper?I won R2000,00."

So yeah,I'm pretty much completely pissed off.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

That's harsh! I rarely win at any kind of anything, most importantly lottery-type situations.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin