Thursday, February 12, 2009

109 fucking degrees Fahrenheit,Bitches!


I've lived in my small little town all my life.When I say all my life,I mean it.I was born here,spent my childhood here,went to school here,got my first job here,and met my boyfriend here.Throughout my life I've had phases where I just wanted to move the fuck out of here.Because the place just got too stifling.But all in all,I love this place,because it is the place that holds most of my memories,and it's also the place my father was born,and buried.So even if I do move away someday,I will always have a huge soft spot for this place.

That is,for everything except the weather.Well,not winter,spring or autumn.Summer.Only summer.I hate summers in this town with such a burning passion,that I feel it might sometimes consume me.I just cannot function to the full potential of my abilities,when its over a 100 degrees outside!When its that hot all the time,all I think about is heat,my sweat,how I can cool off and how hot its going to be tomorrow.Literally,that is all.The summer is not the time to have a meaningful conversation with me,because 90% of the time I'm probably not even listening.

Not only is it extremely hot at the moment,but since yesterday morning,the weather gods have decided to torture me some more.With wind,incessant,warm,dirty wind.I say dirty,because as this stupid wind blew the whole night (nearly breaking out my one bedroom window) it blew around sand like it was coming out of "The Mummy" or something.Everything is covered in a layer of fine sand this morning.Excellent.So instead of maybe cleaning this weekend,this is now not an option,but a must.I hate cleaning.And I hate warm winds.

I know all of in the places that have snow and lots of rain at the moment are praying and begging (and some even selling their souls) for some warmer weather,but really,I would rather be freezing my butt off,than having it melt off from the severe heat.Maybe that's just me,but I am completely open to a house swap type of situation,just until it turns to winter here,because then its all nice again.Let me know.Criteria for house swap (ie.what your place should have) ~ a tv,blankets,preferably a cat or 2,and of course,lots and lots of cold weather conditions.

I'm sorry for talking crazy,but I think my brain might be frying.

2 Comments:

drollgirl said...

109?!?!? that is absolutely horrendous. i would just DIE in that heat.

ecotorium said...

Wow! What's the temp in the winter?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin