Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm becoming a grown-up

At the *tender* age of 26,I am finally feeling like I am starting to become more of a grown-up.This morning I went to the bank in order to enquire about a personal loan,and while there,started the process to change my savings account {which I've had at this exact same bank since I was born} to a more adult checking account.I won't have a cheque book {I have an intense hatred for writing cheques},but the bank lady told me it would be better for my credit record if I did this.

I hate having debt,and have made a point of never making any.At the moment the only debt I have is my monthly cellphone bill,the rest I pay cash for.My dad taught me this,and I still have a big fear for being in debt.But my JC has some very big debts {well,big in my eyes} that he needs to pay,and since he doesn't have the best credit record,I'm going to try and get a loan.I'd personally rather pay off the bank than pay off some crappy lawyer whose whole education was a complete and utter waste of time and money for his parents.

So please,wish me luck,and send up a few silent prayers that I will get this loan.It will make me very,very happy.

2 Comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

Hope you get it! Debt sucks but it helps credit and you can get out of it!!

Chicapicante said...

oh girl! i feel ya. debt blows but pay it off while you can. dont let it pile up

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin