Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ladyboy Lizzards = Awesome!


This is probably the most awesome animal story I've heard in a while.Especially since I've been spending a lot of time reading up on reptiles and snakes,trying to figure out which ones are truly venomous and which ones are just plain scary.It's really interesting,and luckily I'm not scared of these types of animals {I actually love them ~ they eat my natural enemy ~ rats and mice}.

{Here's the story}

Young male lizards in South Africa imitate females to fool aggressive older males into leaving them alone, in an example of transvestism in the natural world, according to South African and Australian reaseachers. They found that young male Augrabies flat lizards delayed displaying the extravagent coloration of sexually-mature males until they were able to defend themselves adequately.


I'm telling you,animals are supersmart,and are one day going to take over the world.Mark my words.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin