Monday, May 25, 2009

House plants


Ever since I moved into my apartment,I've had an obsession with houseplants.Unfortunately my place is really small,so there isn't much space to put them.I have one potplant on either side of the TV and one on top of our tiny fridge.My aunt gave me a bunch of little potplants,which I keep right outside the front door.But in all honesty,I want a bagillion more potplants in my apartment.I just really like the look of them because they make any room look prettier,and they are good for the environment as well.

Unfortunately,I'm also not a very good 'gardener',and tend to unintentionally kill my plants by giving them too much water.Hopefully the bunch I have now will persevere and make the cut.

How do you feel about plants in the house,or do you prefer them outside?

6 Comments:

Kirsty said...

I haven't been in a place long enough to get a plant (I'm in student digs) but I had a cactus for a while. It also died due to excess love/water. But I love having bunches of dried flowers in my room, if they keep their colour!

rachaelgking said...

If I could keep them alive, I'd love them in the house... ;-)

Awesome Sara said...

i love plants but i kill them just by looking at them! this post gave me such an idea to do a post on house plants and how to care. thanks penny!

Angela Tolsma said...

I love plants and so would love to have TONs around the house, but I kill them too!

Sleepydumpling said...

I like them, but they die on me so I leave the plant life outside where it has a fighting chance.

creative kerfuffle said...

i love plants inside and out, however, i've never been able to have them inside because the cats always eat them : ( i also can't sit vases of flowers w/in their reach because they knock them over so the only place i can put them is on the fireplace mantel. outside though--we plant stuff everywhere!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin