Monday, June 22, 2009

To my Dad(s)

This was his 2nd Father's Day away from us,and it hasn't gotten any easier,but we went to put some flowers on his grave,and like always,I felt like he was right there with me.I love you Dad!

My dad,with Big D,about 6 months before my dad died

On a lighter Father's Day note,I have another 'dad' in my life - JC's dad (technically,stepdad).He is a great man,who can seem a little grumpy and like no fun at first,but has ended up being like a surrogate dad for me.Here's hoping we will spend many more Father's Days together!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

aw thats a cute picture of your dad! :)

drollgirl said...

oh, this must have been a hard day for you.

i am relieved that you can latch on to your man's step-dad. it is kind of nice to have someone to look to when in need.

creative kerfuffle said...

big hugs for you...i know father's day must have been tough for you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin