Friday, August 21, 2009

words to live by

Even though I,as a rational,realistic person,know that life is supposed to evolve and change and I'm supposed to grow with it,and change as well,I kind of wish that just for a little while,like 1 year or so,things would just stay nice and calm,without any new catastrophes to take you by surprise.Just a little while,not forever.

I've always had a huge problem with thinking too much.This,I understand,is not exclusively my problem,and that most women,and quite a lot of men,suffer from this very same affliction.It's not a good thing to suffer from,because when you think too much,you tend to make small,insignificant matters into huge,impossible-to-control thoughts that take over your everyday existence.I believe that I would be a lot happier if I only stepped out of my head,and stopped thinking so much about every little thing,because that's the time when I tend to take every innocent little remark or look,think about it till my face turns blue,and end up making it into something much worse than it was.You know what I mean?

I am guilty of not taking these words to heart,when they are such wise words,they actually make me flinch.We all,no matter how we try to deny it,have a certain idea of what love is,and how it should be experienced or given.But the truth is,that is not always the way love really is,or how it will be for you.And just because the love you have with someone isn't what you always wanted or expected it to be (because of what you've seen in the movies,heard in songs,read in books,observed with your friends),doesn't mean that it is not an amazing,incredible love.We should learn to let go of our preconceived notions of things like love,and just appreciate the way it comes to us.

{I apologise for the ramblings,but these were thoughts that have been mulling around in my brain,and needed to get out}

7 Comments:

Another Ordinary Girl said...

I love the third one. I may have to steal it! Glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of these and have a hard time remembering to use them in every day life! I feel like i don't appreciate the day and people around me enough!!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

ahh the love quote, so incredibly true.

Jess said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3AyqING2J0

watch that, hope it cheers u up

and I hope you blog again! i love reading your blogs

Angela Tolsma said...

well written. I love the quotes

La Belette Rouge said...

Ouch. Are you saying that just because they don't love me as I want "them" to it doesn't mean they love me? No. You can't be saying that.;-) I am off to over think what you are really saying. If I stopped over thinking I would have to get a hobby. Yikes. scary thought.;-)
p.s. So lovely to see you.:-)))

creative kerfuffle said...

ah yes, that last one hits home. i've struggled w/ that one (and still do w/ some people) all of my life.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin